Can’t Afford Minimum Payments?
If this is you, then it’s time to:
- Write down your income and expenditure (no cheating!) using our budget sheet
- Work out what’s left (it might be negative)
- Think about reducing expenditure and increasing income
- Join the Money Saving Expert Credit Club to get your free Credit Report to get an update on your debts
- Negotiate with your creditors (Rent, Council Tax, Gas, Electric, TV Licence first)
- Offer small amounts to each creditor to start paying off your debts
That’s debt advice in a nutshell.
If course, some of those steps can be complicated – if you’re struggling (and to be honest we’re not surprised as it can be hard) then do get in touch with us or another free debt advice agency such as CAB, StepChange, Community Money Advice or Christians Against Poverty.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority